General Summary: Provide supervision, support and direction to residential addiction treatment clients, while maintaining a safe, disciplined and caring environment on the unit and in all other venues in which clients are present.
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Supervision and Support
- Provide direct supervision and support to clients on unit.
- Maintain high visibility in client areas to provide structure and supervision.
- Assist/supervise clients in maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the facility.
- Assist clients in attaining internal structure by strictly following established schedule.
- Know the names of all clients on the unit and their room assignments.
- Introduce self to all new clients on their first day on the unit and inform them of your role on the unit and the times you will be present.
- Complete rounds of unit every 30 minutes and ensure that all clients are accounted for.
- Ensure a one (1) staff per six (24) client ratio during waking hours and one (1) staff per thirty (30) during sleeping hours, and two staff members at all times.
Essential Job Duties
- Have thorough knowledge of the contents of the Clients’ Handbook
- Conduct searches of client’s person as per procedure for client searches
- Conduct searches of clients’ rooms and personal property as per procedure for client room and personal property searched
- Follow Policy & Procedure for any client on shift who is discharged, voluntarily leaves the program prematurely, or is removed from the agency by the authorities
- Collect and secure belongings of any client who leaves the program
- Collect clients’ urines for testing in accordance with Policy & Procedure for Clients’ Urine Screens
- Escort and monitor clients between Straight & Narrow units and/or facilities as required
- Transport, escort and monitor clients on appointments outside the agency as assigned
- Supervise in-house client visits when assigned
- Ensure all documentation is included in the client’s physical chart or Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Know agency Policy and Procedures that related to your job
- Complete all required annual trainings
- Maintain CPR and First Aid Certification active
- Schedule Personal Time Off (PTO) in advance, at least 30 days
- Ensure all client’s areas and common areas are cleaned and organized at all times
- Assist with housekeeping duties when applicable
- Provide clients with approved non-prescription medication from med cart when requested in accordance with Policy & Procedure for "Non-prescription Medication kept on the Units."
High School Diploma/GED with at least 2 years experience working in a residential program.