General Summary: Provide supervision, support and direction to residential addiction treatment clients, while maintaining a safe, disciplined and caring environment on the unit and in all other venues in which clients are present.
Client Supervision and Support
- Provide direct supervision and support to clients at all times
- Maintain high visibility in client areas to provide structure and supervision.
- Assist/supervise clients in maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the facility.
- Assist clients in attaining internal structure by strictly following established schedule.
- Know the names of all clients and children (if present) on the unit and their room assignments.
- Introduce self to all new clients on their first day on the unit and inform them of your roll on the unit and the times you will be present.
- Complete rounds of unit every 30 minutes and ensure that all clients are accounted for
- Ensure clients follow their schedules and attend all scheduled activities
Essential Job Duties
8. Have thorough knowledge of the contents of the Clients’ Handbook
9. Conduct searches of client’s person as per procedure for client search
10. Conduct searches of clients’ rooms and personal property as per procedure for client room and personal property search
- Provide clients with approved non-prescription medication from med cart when requested in accordance with Policy & Procedure for "Non-prescription Medication kept on the Units."
- Follow Policy & Procedure for any client on shift who is discharged, voluntarily leaves the program prematurely, or is removed from the agency by the authorities
- Collect and secure belongings of any client who leaves the program
- Collect clients’ urines for testing in accordance with Policy & Procedure for
Clients’ Urine Screens
- Escort and monitor clients between Straight & Narrow units and/or facilities as required
- Transport, escort and monitor clients on appointments outside the agency as assigned
- Supervise in-house client visits when assigned
Documentation and Communication
- Document all movement (e.g., emergency room visits, outside meetings, in-house meetings, etc.) on Round’s Report, etc.
- Report any significant events or individual client or group movement outside the agency to the On-Site Supervisor; leave messages regarding any significant events for other staff via voice mail
- Document major incidents on Shift Report (clients acting out behaviorally; medical emergency, reportable event; positive urines, or other suspicion and/or proof of drug or alcohol use; any major changes in clients’ scheduled activities)
- Complete Incident Reports for any unusual occurrences and submit to appropriate supervisors.
Must have an active driver’s license in the state of residence and clear driving record.