Perform all Janitorial and some maintenance tasks as assigned by Center Director. Responsibilities may include :
1. Janitorial responsibilities include Cleaning floors, bathrooms, windows,
Perform service and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, electrical and general building maintenance such as:
- Repairing toilet flush systems, installing seats, installing toilet bowls, installing toilet room wall fixtures.
- Installing faucets, faucet washers, cleaning sink drains, toilet drains and related tasks.
- Repairing holes in sheetrock and plaster walls, spackling and painting same.
- Making minor electrical repairs, light switches, replacing bulbs and fixtures, etc.
- Operating the air-conditioning and/or heating system(s).
- Replacing air conditioning and heating/ventilation filters and cleaning overhead air grilles on a regular basis.
- Repairing door knobs, latches, locks and responsible for the keys. Responsible for the building’s security system (if any).
2. May serve as the point person in case of an emergency at the location which includes the following responsibilities:
3. Must be well versed with the Operations and functions of the alarm system at his/her site.
4. Be fully familiar with fire and emergency exit plans and plans for alternative service provision under the direction/supervision of Facilities Maintenance I.
5. May be responsible for the Health and Safety Facility Logs (a/k/a Blue Books) including testing the alarms systems and for conducting fire and emergency drills under the direction/supervision of Facilities Maintenance I.
6. Other duties assigned by the directors
Minimum of High School Diploma with good interpersonal skills and relevant work experience required. Must be able to work over-time (nights & weekends). Might be required to work during inclement weather conditions and other agency closings.