Job Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct admission to Medically Managed Programs
- Review and complete all required admission documents
- Provide new clients with basic information regarding our services/ programs
- Complete required modules in electronic health record and NJSAMS such as DAS Income Eligibility, Addiction Severity Index, DSM V, and LOCI.
- Forward designated documents to internal departments (e.g. medical department and welfare case manager)
- Communicate with program staff regarding completed admissions
- Submit all completed admissions documentation to the Director of Admissions for review in a timely manner. Ensure that files are inclusive to include all documentation as required by DMHAS and/or other credentialing entities.
Assist with managing referrals and service inquiries, as assigned, which may include the following:
Respond to and manage all messages from external and internal sources
Conduct telephone screening interviews with clients seeking treatment at Straight and Narrow. Complete screening documentation in a comprehensive, consistent, and detail-oriented manner. Request collateral documentation, when appropriate.
Follow-up on pending referrals in a timely manner, and make outreach calls to expedite admission scheduling; document accordingly
Establish and maintain positive, professional interactions and relationships with referrals sources, community stakeholders, and any person or organization making contact with Straight and Narrow.
Assist admissions department with other duties as assigned by Admissions Coordinator and/or Director of Admissions including but not limited to scheduling, case management, completion of preadmission consent forms, and filing.
Participate in supervision, team meetings, and other agency committees as scheduled and/or assigned.
Inform and submit documentation regarding progress towards obtaining CADC/LCADC on a quarterly basis to the Director of Admissions
Bachelors Degree with 2 years experience in Human Services with CADC/LCADC or High School Diploma or GED with 5 years experience in Human Services with CADC/LCADC. If counselor-intern does not have CADC he/she must be actively perusing CADC. Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Excellent working knowledge of computers.
***An active CADC/LCADC is preferred.***
medical, dental, vision 403(b) with employer match, EAP , pay time off, training days, among other