The Primary Detox Counselor functions as an integral part of the treatment team and provides individual, group and didactic sessions as well as case management services to the clients on his/her caseload ensuring that the treatment requirements of all regulating bodies are fulfilled. Under the direction of Program Director, monitor and review of clients’ progress notes, MDTs, etc.
Job Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct intakes for clients in the Detox program
- Review and complete all required admission documents
- Provide new clients with basic information regarding our services/ programs
- Complete required modules in electronic health record and NJSAMS such as DMHAS Income Eligibility, Addiction Severity Index, DSM V, and LOCI. Obtain clinical authorization for admission when required.
- Forward designated documents to internal departments (e.g. medical department and welfare case manager)
- Communicate with program staff regarding completed admissions
- Submit all completed intake documentation to the Clinical Director for review in a timely manner. Ensure that files are inclusive to include all documentation as required by DMHAS and/or other credentialing entities.
3. Establish and maintain positive, professional interactions and relationships with referrals sources, community stakeholders, and any person or organization making contact with Straight and Narrow.
- Maintain clinical portion of clients’ charts as per the Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) and CARF guidelines, ensuring that all documentation is up-to-date as per Straight & Narrow’s Policy on Timeframe for Documentation in Clients’ Charts
- Attend regularly scheduled multidisciplinary team meetings (MDT) and present information for Treatment Plan or Treatment Plan Review for clients’ on caseload
- Attend individual and group supervision with Clinical Supervisor as scheduled
- Provide clients on caseload with referrals to other agencies (i.e., health, psychiatric, vocational rehabilitation and public assistance) for concurrent and/or continued care as part of case management as necessary
- Provide crisis intervention to clients as necessary
- Submit documentation to Supervisor daily for any/all sessions held with clients on that day
- Attend and actively participate in all CQI subcommittee meetings and/or Grievance Committee meetings on which membership is held
11. Participate in supervision, team meetings, and other agency committees as scheduled and/or assigned.
12. Inform and submit documentation regarding progress towards obtaining CADC/LCADC on a quarterly basis to Clinical Director of Detox.
13. Follow all EHR policies
14. If no CADC/LCADC, complete with supervisor quarterly progress reports towards obtaining the CADC/LCADC and send a copy to HR for employee file.
CADC or LCADC plus a BA/BS or MA/MSW degree. Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Excellent working knowledge of computers. If not CADC/LCADC certified must obtained certification before three years.