Job Title: RESIDENTIAL LIFE SUPERVISOR (RLS)
Full Time Position
FLSA: Status: Exempt
Assistant Senior Director of Residential Life Men or
Assistant Senior Director of Residential Life Women
General Summary: Supervise Residential Life staff and client outside appointments.Ensure a clean and orderly physical plant and take a leadership role in maintaining a safe, disciplined and caring environment on the unit. Be available on-call 24/7 in the absence of the Senior Assistant Director of Residential Life.
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1. Maintain a safe, disciplined and caring environment on the unit and wherever the unit’s clients travel within or outside the agency and that client staff ratio is met.
- 2. Assume responsibilities of Residential Life Assistant Director in his/her absence from the agency.
- 3. Monitor all program onsite and remotely when on shift
- 4. Attend supervision and staff meetings
- 5. Supervise shift leaders and keep record of supervisions
- 6. Stay on Shift until replacement arrives
- 7. Have a thorough knowledge of Straight & Narrow’s Policies & Procedures and Clients’ Handbook and enforce the rules and structures contained therein.
- 8. Assist in scheduling all Residential Life (RL) Shift Leader and (RL) Associates and ensure there is adequate coverage on all shifts.
- 9. Assign on-going and specific tasks to RL Associates, filling in, when necessary, to ensure their completion.
- 10. Oversee Petty Cash as assigned.
- 11. Maintain the Emergency Phone and emergency contact list
- 12. Provide client interventions as needed
- 13. Attend client interventions, case conferences and Multidisciplinary Meetings (MDT), Team Morning Meetings in the absence of the RL Director.
- 14. Appoint Room Representative as needed for new clients.
- 15. Assign clients’ rooms, ensure rooms are labeled appropriately.
- 16. Oversee Jobsite roster on every client.
- 17. Schedule clients for sick call.
- 18. Schedule clients’ outside appointments (OSA’s) and coordinate with transportation or provide transportation by unit for approved OSA’s; assign staff or resident escort for each OSA.
- 19. Ensure that daily client count sheet is prepared by RL staff.
- 20. Schedule and supervise clients’ daily housekeeping tasks (GI’s) during assigned shifts.
- 21. Monitor and order all household supplies for the unit and urine analysis supplies
- 22. Notify kitchen in advance of all activities that require changing a meal time or reduce the number of meals required.
- 23. In the absence of the RL Director, check and approve RL Associates time sheets for payroll and transmit them to payroll in a timely manner.
- 24. Ensure that new clients are greeted and oriented appropriately by RL Associate staff.
- 25. Keep a current log of clients on BCA
- 26. Collect clients’ urines and administer breathalyzer test in accordance with Policy & Procedure on an as needed basis.
- 27. Follow all Electronic Health Records (EHR) policies and Shift Report
- 28. Ensure all transportation and repair reports are submitted on a timely manner and are followed up.
- 29. Complete Detox training and Naltrexone training within 60 days
- 30. Ensure Paid Time Off (PTO) is requested 30 days in advance via the Paylocity system.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
- 1.Workweek will consist of five days per week with a minimum of eight hours work per day including one hour for lunch or 30 minutes for lunch and two 15 minute breaks for all full-time employees (hours and breaks vary for part-time employees as per the department in which the employee is assigned to work). Follow Straight and Narrow policies.
- 2. Punch in/out on the employee hand recognition time clock and ensure that all staff on unit follows this procedure.
- 3. Notify supervisor, prior to shift if unable to work due to sickness or personal emergency.
- 4. Submit Employee Absence Report to supervisor on day of return to work after taking on or more sick day(s).
- 5. Know and enforce Straight & Narrow’s Policies and Procedures.
- 6. Ensure Policy and Procedure for Critical Incident Reporting is followed when indicated.
- 7. Complete all Straight & Narrow’s annually required trainings for staff.
- 8. Attend in-service and other trainings, staff meetings and supervision as scheduled.
- 9. Attend all meetings of CQI subcommittees of which you are a member and actively participate.
- 10. Take responsibility for keeping Personnel file updated with regard to filing any new degrees or certificates, getting immunizations/medical test as required and keeping any licenses and/or certificates current.
11. Perform other tasks as necessary or as assigned by a member of Straight & Narrow’s Administration.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
- Environment Demands and Exposures to Hazards:Normal work routine involves potential exposure to blood, tissues, body fluid, air/surface borne infections and chemicals. Must be familiar with Straight & Narrow’s "Infection Control Policy & Procedure". Must also attend agency’s annual training which provides information on "Infection Control Procedures".
Essential Physical/Mental Demands:
- 1. Physical Demands:
- Must be ambulatory
- Must have visual/hearing acuity
2. Mental Demands:
- Must have verbal ability
- Must be able to comprehend instructions
- Must be able to write legibly
- Must be able to comprehend/interpret charts, diagrams, possess inductive and deductive reasoning
- 3. Manual Dexterity Required:
- Must possess dexterity, stand, sit, walk, lift and carry twenty pounds for short distances
American with Disabilities Act Statement:
External and internal applicants as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific function (listed within each job specific responsibility) either un Associated or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree with one (1) year supervisory experience, Associates Degree/60 credits towards a CADC/Recovery Specialist with three (3) years supervisory experience. High school Diploma with ten (10) years experience working in the field of addiction and Mental Health. Have CPR/First Aid certification or achieve CPR/First Aid certification within thirty (30) days from the date of hire. Valid driver’s license from the state of residence and a clear driving record. Must have a clear Child Abuse Record Information (CARI). Excellent computer skills.
Medical benefits, dental, vision, paid time off, paid holidays, training days and retirement savings plan with employer match