1. Maintain full knowledge of Straight and Narrow’s standards and support the mission, vision and philosophy of the organization. Comply willingly with all organizational policies and procedures.
2. Establish healthy positive relationships with parents and children, and serve as liaison between the Early Childhood Program and the home.
3. Schedule initial home visits with parents to begin establishing positive working relationship.
4. Conduct a minimum of three home visits per child annually with a maximum of 12 visits annually with each family to teach the Parents-as Teachers curriculum to parents. (Subject to change according to the Board of Education.
5. Provide monthly parent support groups/trainings.
6. Maintain regular contact with teachers about childhood about child’s activities in the program
7. Share pertinent information with parents and teachers ensuring confidentiality rights of family are respected.
8. Be knowledgeable of community resources and be able to help families make linkages to needed social services (e.g., health services, Kid Care, Family Care, health education, social services, educational, legal, housing, and counseling).
9. Identify needs as expressed by the family, make appropriate referrals, complete, necessary paperwork and follow-up with all the referrals to ensure linkage.
10. Coordinate and integrate support services for children and their families.
11. Prepare a distribute community resource list.
12. Work with program staff on developing programs that promote healthy child development and increase parental involvement.
13. Establish, coordinate, and support parent participation in Program Parent Committee.
14. Coordinate and support parent participation in program parent activities.
15. Attend parent meetings with parents and assist other center staff in meeting activities and planning
16. Help provide information and training to parent volunteers.
17. Be aware of how many children they have with I.E.P. in their caseload.
18. Filled vacancies in assigned classroom and follow-up with children absences.
19. Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Director.
a. High School Diploma
b. College credit preferred
c. English/Bilingual Spanish-English/Arabic-English
d. Ability to work as a team and manage multiple responsibilities
Straight & Narrow offers excellent benefits including Medical, dental, vision, life, 403B with employer match, and paid time off.
Straight & Narrow is an Equal Opportunity Employer