1. Participate in the employee hiring and employee termination process and/or recommend disciplinary action when appropriate.
2. Maintain a safe, disciplined and caring environment on the unit and wherever the unit’s clients travel within or outside the agency.
3. Assume responsibilities of Residential Life Supervisor in his/her absence from the agency.
4. Have a thorough knowledge of Straight & Narrow’s Policies & Procedures and Clients’ Handbook and enforce the rules and structures contained therein.
5. Provide guidance to, and assign specific tasks to RL Associates on the shift, filling in, when necessary, to ensure their completion.
6. Cover RL Associate shifts when understaffed.
7. Provide crisis intervention and one-on-one counseling to clients as needed.
8. Attend client interventions, case conferences and Multidisciplinary Team Meetings (MDT) as needed.
9. Coordinate clients’ sick calls.
10. Ensure clients attend Outside Appointments (OSAs) on time and that a person search is conducted upon their return; document findings appropriately.
11. Ensure that daily client count sheet is prepared by RL staff.
12. Schedule and supervise clients’ daily housekeeping tasks (GI’s) during assigned shifts.
13. Monitor and order all household supplies for the unit (3rd Shift responsibility).
14. Conduct multiple daily checks of clients’ rooms and all other rooms and areas on the unit to see that they are in order.
15. Report and investigate any issues and/or damages to the client’s rooms, classrooms and other common areas.
16. Notify kitchen in advance of all activities that require changing a meal time or reduce the number of meals required.
17. Ensure that new clients are greeted and oriented appropriately by all RL Associates.
18. Wear RL Associate Staff t-shirt while on duty and ensure that all RL Associate staff members also wear staff t-shirts or polo shirt when on duty. Follow Dress Code Policy.
19. Document any BCAs/interventions/one-on-one sessions with clients.
20. Prepare Client Count Sheet, as assigned.
21. Ensure all family visits are conducted in a professional manner and adhere to applicable policies & procedures.
22. Ensure daily tasks are completed before the end of the shift.
23. Follow all Electronic Health Records (EHR) policies.
24. Complete the Detox and Naltrexone training within 60 days
25. Ensure all Paid Time Off (PTO) is requested 30 days prior via the Paylocity System.
26. In the Absence of the RL Supervisor Take on his/her responsibilities
Associates Degree with one (1) year of supervisory experience,
60 CADC Credits/Recovery Specialist or High School Diploma with five (5) years relevant experience working in the field of Addiction and Mental Health treatment. Have and maintain CPR/First Aid certification or achieve CPR/First Aid certification within thirty (30) days from the date of hire. Valid driver’s license from the state of residence and a clear driving record. Must have a clear Child Abuse Record Information (CARI). Good computer skills.
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits, Paid Time Off/Sick Time, 11 paid holidays, Retirement Savings Plan(403b), EAP