Major Responsibilities/ Specific
1. Develop lesson plan in detail and submit to Director/Head Teacher every Friday Afternoon.
2. Implement the daily program as planned with help of an assistant.
3. Complete daily attendance by nine o’clock in the morning.
4. Maintain a good atmosphere in the classroom.
5. Plan and implement age-appropriate activities on weekly basis according to your curriculum.
6. Use developmental appropriate teaching techniques.
7. Professional relationship with co-workers, parents, children, and administration.
8. Decorate the room with learning center labeled and colorful bulletin boards and children’s artwork activities.
9. Write children’s name in each bed
10. Classroom organization and management.
11. Never let a child go to the bathroom alone.
12. Engage in open conversation with the children while they are eating breakfast, lunch, or snack.
13. Conduct individual conference with parents of each child every three months.
14. Keep the Director informed of classroom needs.
15. Attend all regular meetings.
16. Report to Director immediately of any cases of suspected child abuse or neglect.
17. Handle class discipline promptly and in accordance with stated policy on discipline.
18. Follow-up dress code.
19. Attend teacher-training seminars, workshop during the year (20 hours per calendar year).
20. Perform other duties may be assigned by the Director from time to time.
1. Reliable regular attendance and punctuality.
2. Workweek will consist of five days per week, with a minimum of six and half hours that includes one hour for lunch.
3. Will punch in and out of the Hand Recognition Clock to record attendance and work hours rendered.
4. Will notify Director if unable to work due to a sickness.
5. Will submit for approval requests for vacation and/or personal days to the Director two weeks in advance. Once the request has been approved, the form will be forwarded to Human Resources.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
Environment Demands and Exposures to Hazards: Normal work routine involves potential exposure to blood, tissues, body fluid, air/surface borne infections and chemicals. Must be familiar with Straight & Narrow’s "Infection Control Policy & Procedure". Must also attend agency’s annual training which provides information on "Infection Control Procedures".
Essential Physical/Mental Demands:
1. Physical Demands:
- Must be ambulatory
- Must have visual/hearing acuity
2. Mental Demands:
- Must have verbal ability
- Must be able to comprehend instructions
- Must be able to write legibly
- Must be able to comprehend/interpret charts, diagrams, possess inductive and deductive reasoning
3. Manual Dexterity Required:
- Must possess dexterity, stand, sit, walk, lift and carry twenty pounds for short distances
American with Disabilities Act Statement:
External and internal applicants as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific function (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Although Straight & Narrow has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, Straight & Narrow reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of Straight & Narrow, at any time, with or without advance notice. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains "at-will". The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
a. B.A in Education/ Standard License (Permanent credential allow holder to serve without condition in all NJ public schools or centers)
b. B.A. (In any Area) with Certificate of Eligibility (Issued to those qualified applicants who have not completed a state approved college teacher training program)
c. Bilingual preferred
d. Ability to work as a team and manage multiple responsibilities.