Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide individual, group and family counseling; didactics; treatment planning and case management as required per licensing standards (residential or ambulatory according to program) for a caseload of clients
2. Formulate measurable individualized Treatment Plans and Treatment Plan Reviews for each client on caseload
3. Maintain clinical portion of clients’ charts as per the Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) and CARF guidelines, ensuring that all documentation is up-to-date as per Straight & Narrow’s Policy on Timeframe for Documentation in Clients’ Charts
4. Attend regularly scheduled multidisciplinary team meetings (MDT) and present information for Treatment Plan or Treatment Plan Review for clients’ on caseload
5. Attend individual and group supervision with Clinical Supervisor as scheduled
6. Provide clients on caseload with referrals to other agencies (i.e., health, psychiatric, vocational rehabilitation and public assistance) for concurrent and/or continued care as part of case management as necessary
7. Provide crisis intervention to clients as necessary
8. Submit documentation to Supervisor daily for any/all sessions held with clients on that day
9. Attend and actively participate in all CQI subcommittee meetings and/or Grievance Committee meetings on which membership is held
10. Prepare monthly reports to overseeing agencies/referral sources (i.e., DCP&P, Drug Court, probation officers, parole officers)
11. If CADC or LCADC has not been obtained, present supervisor with documentation demonstrating progress toward this certification on a quarterly basis.
12. Encourage and support clients’ participation in AA/NA/GA activities
13. Ensure all policies regarding EHR are followed.
Supervision and Documentation:
1.Under the direction of the Program Director, monitor and review counselor-interns’clients progress notes, MDTs and other relevant documentation.
2.Ensure that each individual and group supervision provided for supervisees is
documented and signed by both supervisee and self.
3.Ensure that case conferences, client interventions and MDT’s of all supervisees’
clients are documented and filed in the client’s file.
4.Ensure that documentation of any treatment provided directly to client(s) is
documented and filed in compliance with the agency’s policy.
CADC or LCADC plus a BA/BS or MA/MSW degree.Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Excellent working knowledge of computers. If not CADC/LCADC certified, must obtain certification within three (3) years from date of hire.Must present supervisor quarterly with documentation demonstrating progress towards certification.
Full Medical, Dental, Vision benefits. Paid Time Off/Sick Time, 403b Retirement Savings Plan, and 11 Paid Holidays.