Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Supervision and Support
- Provide direct care and supervision to daycare children ages children (0-4.5 years old)
- Maintain open communication with parents
- Maintain confidentiality as per agency standards
- Create and implement age appropriate activities and lesson plans that engage and educate children
- Create lesson plans that use play to engage children and motivate them to learn
- Provide diverse basic care needs, including supplying proper nutrition, proper changing/disposal diapers and documentation Performing light cleaning duties, and dealing with behavioral issues
- Report any suspected abuse/neglect to Supervisor immediately
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- Inspect and report lost or damaged materials to supervisor so they can be replaced
Report in writing to supervisor as soon as possible any accidents/incidents that occur with children and/or parents
1. execute of the following:
a. Serving breakfast, lunch, and snacks
b. Taking children to the bathroom
c. Setting up and putting away of mats
d. Supervising nap time
e. Taking part in moving exercises
2. Supervise activities:
a. Interacting with the children in the housekeeping corner, block area, art, library, etc.
b. Reading stories
c. Helping with arts and crafts projects
d. Reading readiness and math
3. Rug activities by:
a. Executing creative movement activities
b. Playing rhythm instruments
c. Playing records
4. General activities:
a. Helping to keep the room clean and orderly
b. Changing diapers
c. Taking care of minor injuries-wash scratches, apply first aid cream bandage.
d. Documenting the occurrence of injuries and informing Teacher/Director
5. Attend each (at least 16 hours) of teacher training seminars, workshops during the year.
6. Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Director from time to time.
7. Other duties as required by the administrator
General Responsibilities and Duties:
- When applicable, workweek will consist of five days per week with a minimum of eight hours work per day including one hour for lunch or 30 minutes for lunch and two 15 minute breaks. Follow Straight and Narrow policies.
- When applicable Punch in/out on the employee hand recognition time clock and ensure that all staff on unit follows this procedure.
- Notify supervisor, prior to shift if unable to work due to sickness or personal emergency.
- When applicable submit Employee Absence Report to supervisor on day of return to work after taking one or more sick day(s).
- Know and enforce Straight & Narrow’s Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure Policy and Procedure for Critical Incident Reporting is followed when indicated.
- Complete all Straight & Narrow’s annually required trainings for staff.
- Attend in-service and other trainings, staff meetings and supervision as scheduled.
- Attend all meetings of CQI subcommittees of which you are a member and actively participate.
- Take responsibility for keeping Personnel file updated with regard to filing any new degrees or certificates, getting immunizations/medical test as required and keeping any licenses and/or certificates current.
- Report any changes to your driving privileges to your supervisor and HR immediately
- Perform other tasks as necessary or as assigned by a member of Straight & Narrow’s Administration.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 11 Paid Holidays. Paid time off/ Sick Time, Retirement Savings Plan